Friday, February 19, 2016

Together at the Table: The Update


Galley edits are officially done! That means that after a few tweaks, it'll be off to print shortly. So excited to have that one on its way to shelves - it's been a long year of hard work. Wrapping up a three-book series, especially when it's sequential, is not easy. But the work paid off, and I love this book - I love the romances (yes, romances, plural), I love the food (the fresh pasta with beef ragu, seriously), I love the very final scene. I can't wait for readers to get their hands on it!



In other news, WaterBrook is giving away copies on Goodreads!


If you'd like to enter, click here, and if you want to add it to your shelf, click here.

Quick note: if you entered the giveaway earlier and noted the previous description, know that it was taken from a much earlier synopsis of the book, and it changed a TON by the end (which tends to happen). Like, I was on the phone with my agent at Panera shortly before the book was due, figuring out the end of the romance plotline (spoiler: there is romance).

What I can tell you is that if you love Caterina, you will love this book. And that this book is divided into two parts, and one gives more from Mireille, whose letters I fell in love with while writing Reservations for Two. So we connect the dots between the end of the letters and the life her family knew about, and it's surprising and lovely. I tell you, this book almost ended me but I love it so much!

In other news, if you don't follow along on Facebook or Instagram (and if you don't, you should), you haven't been subject to the flood of pictures of Sylvie.


Aka Sylvie Lou, aka Sylvie Lou Kazoo Who.

She and Shiloh continue to navigate their relationship, but when the going gets tough and the tough get baths, they are there for each other.

But aside from most of the usual puppy escapades, she's been an easy puppy and a perfect addition to the house. Also, she's starting to sleep in in the mornings. You must know how grateful I am.

So that's what's going on here! Putting Together to bed, getting my next project, Jane of Austin, off the ground, keeping the pups out of trouble and continuing to settle into the new house.

The Jane research has been lots of fun! I've got a compilation of her letters on its way, and I've really been enjoying What Matters in Jane Austen? The book really examines and parses the details and subtext that Austen employs in each novel, and after just a few pages I have an even stronger respect for Austen as an author and crafter of fiction. If you consider yourself a dyed-in-the-wool Austenite (you know who you are!), then I'd recommend getting your hands on a copy.

 That's it for me. What about you? What are you reading these days? Are you an Austen fan or prefer other classic authors - or modern writers only? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in on the discussion!