Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Us - Part V


Five years ago today, I married my best friend.

WHERE THE HECK DID THE TIME GO???



(For those of you reading and snickering, muttering, "wait till you give it twenty, thirty, forty years, baby puppy," I respectfully ask you to wait until those twenty, thirty, forty years have passed and I exclaim it again. Because it will be happen. And don't worry, you will be right.)

Seriously, this year zip-a-dee-doo-da'd by.  I was laying in bed this morning, thinking, "I should write our annual anniversary blog, but didn't I do that just recently?" If "recently" means "last year, dufus," then yes.

And what a year! Moving into our first house together. Heck, *building* our first house together (note to self: never again). Dealing with a difficult dog. Getting a new puppy. Traveling to Memphis and Missouri together. Lawn care. Making new friends. Grieving life's difficulties together. Celebrating successes together. enjoying small moments. Learning about each other. Taking clichéd walks on a beach. Enjoying clichéd sunset strolls. Come to think of it, we enjoy many clichés.

We argued yesterday. It happens. But the thing is - after we finish arguing, Danny is still the one that I want. I love his embrace. I love his sense of humor (he surprises people with how funny he is. He does not surprise me). I love how he falls asleep on the couch, still holding his book. I love how his hand seeks mine when we walk, even if it's just across the parking lot to Target.

I still get a giant kick out of tickling his feet.  It's true.

This is going to be a short blog, because it is out anniversary, and a rare one where we get to spend all of it together. We're going to go out and enjoy it.

Time, you know. It moves fast.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 5 wonderful years! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary. It's always something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on you both, and may you enjoy many more happy years together~

    LynneW

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the discussion!