Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Allons-y

My husband has beautiful eyes.

When he was young, his mother told him that, one day, a young lady would fall in love with those eyes. She was totally right


So when he told me that he wanted to drive to Bellingham before driving to Eugene (which happens before we drive to Lincoln City), I was, ultimately, putty.



Stressed-out putty, but putty nonetheless.


So we're tidying and packing and collecting the gifts (both wrapped and unwrapped) and hauling ourselves north (before we go south).

All because of those eyes, and the fact that my husband's branch is moving something very large tomorrow (this is, admittedly, a bit of a misnomer, since they seldom move things that aren't extraordinarily large. But it's being moved out of the ocean, so that ups the cool factor).

So who knows if I'll be able to post between here and Christmas. If not, here are my Christmas presents to you:

1.) The Red-Nosed Herald Angels Sing it Twice - The second most popular post on this blog, for reasons that mostly escape me, aside from the fact that it's funny and Christmassy.

2.) Christmas time really does mean peace on earth, good will to men - even at LAX. Read about it here.

3.) Scrappy Ornaments - I've been making these for our tree and LOVING it. They're ridiculously easy and relaxing in the way only a paste-and-fabric craft can be. The best part? They look great on the tree - kitschy and colorful and personalized. You could make them for a newlywed couple using fabric scraps that echo their wedding colors, tie them onto packages, hang them in windows - and they're a great (if slightly messy) craft for kids if they need something to do before school starts back up.

(By the by, I found this craft on Pinterest. If you're on Pinterest, come find me here, and if not, you're missing out!)

4.) And if you haven't made it to Arthur Christmas yet (which, if that's the case, should sadden you), here's a happy bit to tide you over.

5.) And one of the things I'm most looking forward to? The Doctor Who Christmas Special! Last year's was my favorite, so I'm very excited for this year's The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe-themed installment.

And if you've never watched Doctor Who, it's never too late to start.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels to you and your hubby over the CHRISTmas holiday :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the discussion!