Saturday, October 31, 2009

H1N1's the New Black


...which makes me feel like such a follower. Oh well. We stocked up at Target on prescriptions, Kleenex, soup, laundry detergent, and magazines. Really excited about the hard-core cough syrup. Tastes better than Nyquil (but then, so do many things), and packs a lovely punch. Looking forward to sleeping tonight!

In other news...

1. The car's fine. We replaced the alternator and fan belts, but the flying sparks didn't damage the electrics. Yay!

2. The fruit flies returned. We have a new trap, so at least we've got something to do while we recuperate.

3. Going to Urgent Care is great marketing. I have these fantastic little Plain Jayne postcards with me, which I find myself handing out with remarkable speed, and Urgent Care is no different.

4. I'm reading Moira Hodgson's It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: My Adventures in Life and Food. Really enjoying it.

5. Also watching Britney Murphey in The Ramen Girl. Low Budget, but cute so far. It's like The Karate Kid Makes Soup. Makes real Japanese ramen look really, really yummy. But then, it's noodles with broth, and I'm sick. Coincidence? Probably not.

Any good movie recommendations? 'Cause, you know, I've got some time on my hands.

1 comment:

  1. You have swine flu??! Get better soon.

    Pick up Kit Kittredge, Band of Brothers, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the discussion!