Friday, February 13, 2015

A Table by the Window - the gorgeous new cover!

So a funny thing happened...

The original Reservations for Two cover used an image that the designers at WaterBrook love for a long time - it was in the running for book one, and when we went in a different for A Table by the Window, the team looped back to the first image for the second book.

So time passed, I wrote Reservations, heavily editing Reservations, we're chugging away, the book is about to go to print...

...and then it comes down the information pipeline that the photographer (who is French) never signed the release for that image, and then stopped returning calls. Because...*insert French shrug here*.

But I'm at peace with this. Why? Because a week before my baby went to print, the designer went and made this STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS new cover that I love even more than the first. Are ya ready?



Reservations for Two Hillary Manton Lodge A Table by the Window


In the words of Liz Lemon, I want to go to there. I want to step inside and read a book, paint a canvas, camp out forever in that cover (I'm sure there's room service). I want to take Danny and have a twirl on that cover, and then eat a croissant. With jam.

Read more about the book and pre-ordering options (truly, if you love an author, pre-order her books), as well as the Reservations for Two Pinterest board here!

What do you think? Where would you like to go this chilly Valentine's Day weekend? Leave a comment below!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover! Hillary, like you, I could soak in that view (and read a book or two at those tables!) for a very extended period of time.

    If I could go anywhere for Valentine's Day, I'd travel to Italy and visit a little bistro with outdoor tables and stroll down a few streets and window shop. Or I'd go to Ireland and take in the beautiful architecture and verdant grass over rolling hills. Too bad I don't have a passport or time or money or ...

    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love this cover a whole lot more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to take my husband to the place on the cover, too! I can't wait to read your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!! Cannot wait to read book #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Even more than the first version. I think the colors fit with A Table by the Window better. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so inviting!! Gorgeous cover. Congrats, Hillary. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the discussion!