Thursday, April 29, 2010

Simply Sara at a (temporary) close

It's been a long road. It's been a tough road. But that road is coming to a close, because I finished writing Simply Sara on Saturday the 24th, sometime in the early evening, while sitting with Danny at Starbucks.

Granted...the work is not done. I've been working on some of the editing this week, before turning in the manuscript on Friday. And after that, my editors, bless them both, will come back with more edits. And after that, my publicist will give me things to do.

If you're looking for a sense of completion, do not go into publishing.

But I'm excited. SS goes into print in July, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the final product. I'm pretty proud of having published a book. But Jayne's lonely. She needs a friend on the shelf. And she'll have that friend come September.

What can I tell you about it? Not much, aside from the fact that I'm pleased with how it came out, and the ending TOTALLY took me by surprise. Sent me into a panic, actually. But it's good stuff.

In other news:

1.) My basil plant died. I honestly think it had a disease or something.

2.) Make sure you enter the Simply Sara contest! Details are here.

3.) Danny and I are going away this weekend! No computers, no book, no school, no work - I'm just a little crazy excited. I am, however, taking my camera, since we'll be going to the Oregon Garden, which is one of my favorite places in the state.

4.) Isn't this cute? I'm thinking 4th of July picnic with a basket of daisies or something.

5.) Watched The Young Victoria. Loved it! Thoughtful and lovely and observant. Totally recommend.

That's all for now - I made dinner last night, and should repeat the experience tonight (shocker!). But it's lunch time now, and for once, it's not ravioli.

5 comments:

  1. I loved Plain Jayne, and I wrote a review of it on my book blog, as well as for the Christian Review of Books. I would love love love to review Simply Sara if you get any ARCs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoyed The Young Victoria, you might want to try Bright Star--another excellent English period movie about John Keats. I cannot wait to get a copy of Young Victoria on DVD...I loved it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany - shoot me an email in July/August. I'll stick you on the review list. Thanks!

    Christy - I liked Bright Star too! Made me want to sit in a room full of butterflies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for Heaven's sake, I did it again. I hope that my two other notes do not show up somewhere without a name attached. I pushed a key that was apparently a key I should not have touched, and, boom, my note was gone. So stop being so tempormental

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, this is it! It zapped me again before I even mentioned what I wanted to say. Hillary, I really enjoyed "Plain Jayne," and am glad that the library sent it me, thereby introducing me to you. So, "Hi." Now see if I can get this in without hitting the wrong something again. Hillary, whoever ever, ever, heard of peach butter ?!
    Helen (previously, anonomous)
    Whew I made it.

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the discussion!